This story is from The Irish, the national daily newspaper of Ireland.
A post on the Post lottery page has become the subject of national controversy.
On Monday the Irish Times’ lottery blog was inundated with comments.
Some called it a blatant rip-off, others defended it, and a few accused it of having no editorial control over the content of its lottery posts.
Many were angry that the Post had chosen to link to an article in the Washington Post.
The article said the Post would not pay the lottery winners, a claim that was widely seen as misleading.
The Washington Post did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the matter.
Commenters called the Post “scumbag,” “scam,” and “scoundrels,” according to the Irish Daily Mail.
A few called for the Post to be “fired” and for the Irish paper to be banned from the US.
The Post responded with a statement that said it was “disappointed that anyone would take a cynical approach to our lottery posts.”
The newspaper has also posted on the lottery site that it will continue to update the lottery posts and would consider making changes to the site if required.
Some commenters also said that the post should be “shut down.”
A representative from the Post did respond to questions about the controversy on Monday.
“Post lottery posts do not control our content, but they certainly are a source of great excitement and entertainment for our readers,” the spokesperson said in a statement.
The Irish Daily Post has a history of making provocative posts about lottery tickets.
In April, the newspaper published a photo of a dead man lying in a pool of blood after he had won a $1.3 million jackpot.
A similar photo had appeared on its site in 2015, and the paper published a story claiming that a man who had won $1 million in the lottery had been murdered.
A year later, the paper posted a picture of a man lying on the ground with his head and torso lying next to each other in a cemetery.